Replacing the clutch cable
Thanks to Robert Eden for this contribution.
1. Begin finger dexterity exercises (training at least 1 week in advance)
2. Remove old cable per the manual (remove adjuster cover, slide adjuster forward, unhook cable, pull out through engine compartment)
3. Tie string or rope (something visible!) to pedal end of cable.
4. Remove firewall grommette from passenger compartment.
5. Pass string through firewall. Pull pedal end of cable through.
6. Attach Grommet to end of cable.
7. Tie clutch cable off (to steering wheel) in the fully raised position.
8. Push cable (and grommet) back through firewall and install in adjuster.
9. Pull plastic adjuster back and re-attach cable.
10. Re-attach adjuster cover.